Four Days of Bruin Fun
Both the Fowler Museum
and the Hammer Museum
will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The Fowler's current exhibits include Street Art: Photographic Elevations of Los Angeles, Paris and Berlin by Larry Yust
(that's a photograph from the exhibit above) and Life in Ceramics: Five Contemporary Korean Artists
, while the Hammer presents works from Mark Flores
and Julian Hoeber
. The Fowler, located on campus, is open noon-5 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, while the Hammer (at the corner of Westwood and Wilshire) is open 11-7 Friday and Saturday and 11-5 on Sunday. Sports
Love watching Bruins on the field...or the court...or the pool? This weekend offers a cornucopia (sorry) of UCLA athletic events. In chronological order:
- Wednesday night, the men's basketball team takes on #6 Villanova at Madison Square Garden in the NIT Preseason Tournament semifinals. The game will be televised on ESPN2, and the tournament continues Friday.
- Friday, our football team goes up against Arizona State. Kickoff is at 12:30 PM. Catch the game on Fox Sports.
- Starting Friday, the men's water polo team will compete in the MPSF Tournament. The weekend's matches begin at 1:30 PM on Friday against University of the Pacific.
- Women's volleyball takes on crosstown rivals USC at 5 PM Friday in Pauley Pavilion.
- Our #13 women's basketball squad will take on Temple at Pauley on Sunday. Tipoff is at 2 PM.
- And men's soccer continues in the NCAA tournament, going up against Dartmouth in Drake Stadium at 5 PM Sunday.
Not in driving distance of Westwood? No worries! The NYC Bruins will gather to watch men's basketball in Madison Square Garden on Wednesday and Friday and host a Thanksgiving Dinner for Twelve Strangers
. In Northern California, the Bay Area Bruins will host a football watching party
What are you
doing this holiday weekend?